The replace is offered for all main US carriers, together with Verizon, which generally does not replace their Pixels on day 1 with the remainder of the carriers. We’ll go over the main points beneath, from bug fixes to vulnerabilities closed.
It seems that there are not any new options on this replace, however there are a number of bug fixes for points you could have been experiencing in your Pixel.
Pixel 3 & Newer Fashions
- Show/graphics repair for problem inflicting intermittent restarts in sure apps
- Additional enhancements to auto rotation response in sure gadget orientations
- Repair for problem stopping calls on sure MVNO networks
Pixel 4a & Newer Fashions
- Additional enhancements to auto-brightness response in sure lighting environments
Pixel 4a 5G Solely
- Repair for inflicting speaker noise in sure situations
Pixel 5 Solely
- Additional tuning and enhancements for quantity stage of system sounds
Under is a listing of the frequent vulnerabilities and exposures (CVEs) which have been addressed on this replace. We have listed the severity of every in parenthesis, and you’ll click on the CVE hyperlink to study extra concerning the vulnerability, except the final one, which is a non-public CVE.
Find out how to Replace to the January Safety Patch
In the event you’re able to replace, open your Settings app, scroll down in the direction of the underside, choose “System,” then faucet “Superior” and select “System updates.” Right here, faucet the “Test for updates” button, and the replace ought to start downloading momentarily. As soon as it is downloaded, merely restart your Pixel to use the replace.
If the replace doesn’t obtain upon urgent the “Test for updates” button, you possibly can set up it manually. You will have to have an unlocked bootloader, then you possibly can merely flash the manufacturing facility pictures in Fastboot. Head right here to obtain the manufacturing facility pictures in your explicit mannequin and service.